Feedback on "On the Run" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "On the Run"

By EllisShapiroBarnum GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
EllisShapiroBarnum GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Real eyes realize real lies"

"On the Run," by Olivia Wandres, is a great, well-written piece, that I enjoyed reading, even though it wasn't about one of the most positive subjects. In the piece, a girl and her friend are going around on Halloween, filling up mailboxes with shaving cream,  when all of a sudden a car comes from behind and hit the girls friend. It was a hit-and-run, but the police think that the had tried to kill her. This passage painted a clear picture of some of the horrors of hit-and-run situations, through a fiction story, and did so very well. The story was very descriptive and felt very complete and thorough, though it was short.
Personally, I think that the piece raised awareness for me of how horrible hit-and-runs really are.  It definitely changed the way I think in some ways, like to be more careful in the street and more aware of cars. Lines from the text that personally affected me were "I still don't understand how I didn't scream as the red stained the white," and "No, she was attacked attacked on a children's holiday, wearing her mom's sheet and her favorite Chuck Taylors." All in all, this piece of writing is probably one of the greatest I've read, and enjoyed it very much.