Feedback on "Pity Party" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Pity Party"

By rairai123ify SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
rairai123ify SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"Pity Party" is a small piece written by Haley Wildhirt. It is about how society brings out Haley's insecurities along with her friend Linlee's insecurities. The piece continues by discussing how they both overcame these insecurities and by Hayley vowing to always be positive about herself. "Pity Party" was one piece that I truly enjoyed reading.
"Pity Party" truly spoke to me. This was one of the few pieces that stood out, which I could relate to. Hayley mentions that the media portrays people as perfect in magazines and on TV, which leads to self-consciousness. I completely agree with this because I have felt this way a few times myself. Hayley states, "I am beautiful, I am strong, I am a good person." This quote is very inspirational, and it will be something I hold on to forever and always. With such a positive message, "Pity Party" is a very touching piece.

wooldhoot GOLD said...
wooldhoot GOLD, Longmont, Colorado

"Read any good books lately?"
~Linlee

":D"
~Owen

Thank you so much! I'm extremely glad you liked my piece. :) It means the world to me that my writing impacted so many people in such positive ways. :)