Feedback on "just because" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "just because"

By EllisShapiroBarnum GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
EllisShapiroBarnum GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Real eyes realize real lies"

The poem, "just because," by Ruth Oppenheimer is amazing and very well written. It touched me in a way that no other piece of writing has before. The poem is about someone who is very sad, and feels isolated from the world, and how she's expressing her emotions and thoughts in writing, which is what she has done in the poem. She really, deeply, conveys the emotions of this narrator through very few words. Even though I have never really experienced such a deep sadness, I can feel it through this poem, because of the words and how some are repeated to enhance the mood and effect of the poem.
    I especially love how Ruth repeats the phrase "just because" throughout the poem, because it shows how the narrator has relfected on her past emotions and how she feels currently. It also all leads up to her saying "doesn't mean i'm wound up tight" which means that just because she has felt depressed and alone, doesn't mean that she is really angry. This poem was written beautifully and conveys a really positive message about writing to reflect your emotions and thoughts