Feedback on "Changing School Start Times" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Changing School Start Times"

By rairai123ify SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
rairai123ify SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"Changing School Start Times" by Julia Osterhouse is a "point of view" piece. It is about her opinion on early start times for schools and the effects they have on students. Along with her thoughts on the topic, she includes reliable pieces of evidence to support her thoughts. The article itself was very interesting to read, and I found myself agreeing with her by the time I was done reading.
"Changing School Start Times" is a strongly supported opinion piece that I do agree with. Since I don't always get the amount of sleep I need, my school performance is affected, which is ironic because it's the early start time that's causing my sleep deprivation. This is what Julia is trying to say in her article. Julia says, "We're at a point in our lives where sleep is necessary for our successful development and progression. Changing school start times will vastly improve the quality of our education because students will be healthier and mor eager to learn." It's these lines, I feel, summarize the entire point of "Changing School Start Times," which is why it stood out to me.