Feedback On " The Flaw in My Facebook" | Teen Ink

Feedback On " The Flaw in My Facebook"

November 8, 2015
By skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
8 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry


"The Flaw in My Facebook" is a memoir by Kiara Huemer, about procrastinating. She clearly shows the before and after stages of procrastinating, showing how she plans on completing homework in the morning, but ends up watching cat videos on Facebook later at night. Even as she realizes how late it is, nearing to 12 in the morning, she continues in to relax and zone out as the sound of each video fades her away from the worries of life. She describes her daily routine, such as waking up in the morning and reminding herself during school that she will NOT be a slacker tonight. I love how she describes the scenery, such as the glow of her laptop's screen enveloping her as she browses down and down into her demise. This creates a somewhat mystic, nighttime scenery. Also I like how she shows that procrastinating is not an easy habit to break, not matter how she plans her day or tries to resist it. 


The author's comments:

I was relieved when I read this memoir, knowing that someone goes through the same stages as me. I hope this memoir shows people who look down on procrastinators that it's not an easy habit to break and that it's just a part of being human. I wrote this feedback to show that I'm one of the procrastinators out there that are on par with the author and that she shouldn't feel alone about it.