Differince between you and me | Teen Ink

Differince between you and me

By AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia
AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia

This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx

Gothic, Punk, Vampire, Sadist, Anarchist.
These are all words that we hear everyday. People that are most harshly discriminated against. But these are beautiful people. I am a "goth". I have straight A's in school, I go to church at least 3 times a week. I have a wonderful engagement. And I have no deep seeded hate for anyone. This is me just tyring to tell you that the next time yo;u see one of these beautiful creatures that you are so very afraid of, before you say anything, just remember we are poeple just like you. We are here waiting with open arms ready to love and be loved.

bandgeekfreak DIAMOND, No Answer, Texas

“A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.” Abraham Maslow.

Thank you so much for writing this, it reminds me that not all people are bad. People always judge me on my looks, and its hard not to give up faith in humanity when people scoff at you. I love this piece:)

krd505 BRONZE said...
krd505 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
People shouldn't be judged because of their style. The style a person has doesn't explain how they are in the inside. Some people have their own taste it may not be what others like, but it's not up to others. Everyone should be thereselve, and don't worry what others think.

dc123 SILVER said...
dc123 SILVER, Antrim, New Hampshire

U wont some come get some

I wish i could of have that view in school because i was a geek in school and i hated every one but i should of love every one not hate them

Destiny21 SILVER, Wendover, Nevada

Giving up doesnt mean your weak. sometimes it means your stronger to let go

I have to say thanks this means a lot for even if they still wont understand

chocolate_lover123 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
this is great, a whole new prespective

..um is difference spelled wrong? or is it just me?

deathonapedestal101 GOLD, Owego, New York

If thou lovest me then,
Steal forth thy father's house tomorrow night;
And in the wood, a league without the town,
Where I did meet thee once with Helena,
To do observance to a morn of May,
There will I stay for thee.

i know what you mean, people always call be gothic emo chick just because i weat black, clothes dont make up someones personality and the sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be. peoplle are discriminated against for anyything, their music, clothes, hair, grades, wanting to be alone, its not fair, people like you should write more about this kind of thing and get back the peoples rghts to be theirselves. being different is a good thing, always has been :)

.xCutMyLifeIntoPiecesx. PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado
THANK YOU!!! Finally someone can put it out there that we are all human beings and it all hurts just the same, whether I know you or not, your words are all the same mess and hardship I must face. Thank you for being able to write this so beautifully yet simply in a way people can understand. I think you would like the song Hero (Red Pill Mix) by Superchic[k]. :)

Acalleq PLATINUM, Togiak, Alaska

you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have

wish some of the "perfect" people could read this piece. at school im the freak/loner cuz of my taste in music and clothes. you write expressively and beautifully.

rebeldiamond1313kd GOLD, Franklin, Tennessee

"If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see. You can find out first hand what it's like to be me!" -"The End." -My Chemical Romance

amen.

I'm not goth, but I used to be emo. And I know that feeling. The stares black lipstick gets and the laughs fingerless gloves gets. I know.

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

That's a wonderful insight. Many people place stereotypes upon Gothic people. But this is great to know. Keep writing!