Fat Chance | Teen Ink

Fat Chance MAG

I will get as much attention as the cheerleaders ... fat chance.

I can go to the public pool without wearing a t-shirt ... fat chance.

I can wear tank tops in public when it is 100* ... fat chance.

I can wear a cute dress to a dance instead of sweaters to hide my arms ... fat chance

The guy I like will actually notice me ... fat chance.

Guys will finally stop thinking of me as “just a friend” ... fat chance.

The skinny girls at school will stop whispering about me when I walk by them ... you guessed it, fat chance.

I know you’re thinking that this is just another story about a fat person trying to get people to stop messing with her, and you’re half right. I am also speaking out from my point of view - these are things that I really don’t want to get out of bed for every morning, things that make me cry myself to sleep at night. I have been sick after many meals; when I go to people’s house I say I have already eaten, even though I haven’t for days. This is not right and I know you’re thinking, So why do you do it then? Well, I’ll tell you, I do it because of the comments and remarks that I get from other girls. I do it because I am tired of everything I have to go through in one day and the things that I can’t do because of my weight.

I know that whoever is reading this, no matter where you are or who you are, you could probably name a few things you don’t like about yourself. So next time you get the urge to make fun of someone or turn to your friends and whisper, please think how’d you feel if someone were saying stuff about you. Nobody’s perfect!

Kyrah-Luv said...
Kyrah-Luv, Hershey, Pennsylvania

Be Ur Self.

<3 it  

NomLoveMonster SILVER, Florence, Arizona

"No one else will have me like you do, no one else will have me, only you."

I am big myself, just tall. &I can never feel comfortable at all. I do have a boyfriend, but I still feel like I did before I moved here...almost 200lbs...but we just gotta stay strong <3

igetyou said...
i totally get you! i'm a big girl myself, and it sucks. really sucks. hang in there, we'll see who's laughing in the end.