Memories Of Love | Teen Ink

Memories Of Love

By Love_Kills_the_Blind PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado
Love_Kills_the_Blind PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado

"Never regret anything, at one point its exactly what you wanted."

I extended my hand to grasp the shoulder of the man in front of me. Spinning him around I saw his muscles ripple. A playful smile played across the man’s lips. Icy blue eyes bore into me, almost florescent in the moonless night. Wind blew gently rustling his dark hair.
A wave of emotions swept through me. Memories of love forgotten dance in my mind’s eye making me dizzy. Three years of loneliness had torn us apart at the seams, and there was no going back. The sting of our last meeting had left me scarred and broken.
Now I move forward with purpose. I am not as weak and vulnerable as I was then. At least I hopped not…
“Hello,” His deep voice sent a chill down my spine, awakening me from my daze. “It’s been a while.”
I glanced down at the tarnished cobble stone, sure of what I had to do. Deals with the Devil are not easily broken.
“It has.” My voice was so frail and shaky it startled me.
“How are you, My Dear?” His tone was as sweet as a bee’s honey. It sucked me in rupturing me to the core of my being.
I shook the thoughts away. To get emotional now would be a fatal mistake. “I am well.” This time my voice was strong and sure.
“Come now, Julia, I think I know you a little better than that.” He stepped into me holding me close.
“Well time changes people, Damian. You of all people should know that.” I met his concerned eyes.
“It does, but time does not change the love and memories once shared. And it never will.” How could he be so wrong? “It feels so good to have you near me once more.” Damian sighed in content pulling me closer.
Tears began to fall from my eyes like small water falls. Damian pulled back and whipped the salty tears form my cheek.
“Why must My Love cry?” His eyes held me captive with ropes that stung with guilt.
“I am afraid I have agreed to something terrible.”
“What have you agreed to?”
I choked on my voice trying to swallow the truth. “I can’t…”
“Please, Julia, tell me or my heart will explode. I can not stand to see you so sad.” Damian’s eyes held ghosts only I could see. Ghosts from our past that laughed mockingly in my face. I cast away my stare.
Now I was a traitor to my own bleeding heart. The line between good and evil blurred in front of me.
“Don’t ask me to tell you, Damian, please.” His eyes flashed with confusion. But before he could respond I raised myself to his height and kissed him. Damian grabbed my head gently as our tongues collided together. Salty tears mixed into the kiss. We were trapped in pure ecstasy. I would remember this moment for eternity.
My duty had to be carried out though. I reached slowly into my satchel and gripped the cold metal. The dagger’s cold steel bit at my warm hand.
Pulling away I stared into his trusting eyes. That look touched something deep inside of me…something I thought to be extinct. “Forgive me.”
I thrust my arm forward plunging my dagger into his chest, just below the heart. Damian’s skin grew pail with the pain.
“As you wish, My Love.” Damian Smiled through the blood. His body hit the ground with a thud. A small pool of blood grew large around the front of his body. Damian was still alive, but barely.
I lay down next to his weakening body. Putting my arm around him I located the dagger. The realization hit me that these were his last moments.
“I’ll see you soon. I love you, Damian.” And with that I removed the blade from his chest ending his life.
As I walked away I knew my next mission; to kill the man who sent me to do this. Or I would die trying.

TurtleLover said...
wow this is incredible. so much emotion and passion. i could feel my own eyes welling with the bitter tears as hers did. you show great promise as a writer. keep it up.