The Little Things | Teen Ink

The Little Things

December 5, 2007
By Anonymous

The Little Things:

"I was sad because I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet."

It makes you think, doesn't it? Something as simple as one quote can show how much we can take anything for granted. Our outrageous luxuries, our ipods, computers, cell phones, homes and food, even our health are examples. Our ancestors did not need Starbucks in the morning to survive, but because of our life improvements, we have become highly pampered people, living on the demands of others. In earlier times, it was every man for themself. We complain if it's too hot or when it's too cold, while the hardships they endured were something so difficult it makes 'roughing' it in the outdoors look very childish.

We should all take a little time to appreciate what we have infront of us, whether it be the dimple on your sweetie's cheek, your favorite color, or the maybe fact we are even alive. Whatever your motivation, keep it in tact. Please remember it's the little things that should keep us happy.

I know that life has blessed us with all of our basic requirements and more. Once we become independent, we should give to others and live a simple life. Why should we complain about something we dont have, when we already have something to be thankful for from the start.