Why we need to stop a Republican Revolution | Teen Ink

Why we need to stop a Republican Revolution

By GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan

The Republican party destroyed our nation. While it was in control, it did almost nothing but bad, in an inarguable sense. Now, we have elected Democratic Representatives who are bringing us the good way. However, because of the major partisan strife, the Republican motto is "Vote No, don't try to help our nation, get money" And, many people such as the Tea Party foolishly slow the process. Now, there is a small chance that Republicans could take the House in 2010. Even with such a big lead, us Democrats must let this happen. We must speak up as much as the Right wingers are. We must stop using euphemisms and start speaking the straight up truth. We can't rely on The Black Panthers to do all of our defenses. We must counter. Until we can work together, we must have the upper hand. Then, when Republicans can work with us, we can stop. As much as you Republicans might counter this, we need to start working as ONE nation, with two parties that work together. We must avoid any Civil War, we must avoid a divided country. A divided house will not stand. So come together, and we can become one nation, not two.

How has the Republican party destroyed America? Did you know that Lincolm, who freed the slaves was a Republican. Yep. Did you know that Martin Luther King was a Republican. Yep. Did you know that Martin Luther King's neice today is a Republican. Sounds like they've made a America a better place to me.

Did you know that Obama has been in office for almost four years and has raised our national deficit to 14 TRILLION dollars, more then any other president in US History. Did you know that Obama has accumulated more debt just in the past few months then Bush did in his entire eight years?!

Did you know that Democrat's lie about Republican's? Yep. They say Republican's want the elderly to eat dog food. Did you know that this statement is a lie?

Did you know that Democrat's want to raise taxes on the rich? Why should we raise taxes on the rich in a free society. Did you know that raising taxes on the rich will do nothing to help our deficit and will actually cripple our economy more because the rich business owners will move out of the country and take their businesses elsewhere? Did you know that Obama passed a stimulus that did nothing to help out economy and since then unemployment has gone up?

Did you know that Obama gave billion's of dollar's that we DON'T HAVE to Brazil to drill oil for us, when we have plently of oil here that we can drill? Did you know the reason that gas prices are going up is because we are not drilling domestic oil which raised all energy prices? Did you know that another reason gas prices are going up is because of oil speculators? Did you know that Obama's good buddy George Soros is a oil speculator?

Did you know that Republican's only have power in the house and have only had power in the house since the beginning of the year 2011? Did you know that before that Democrat's had power in the house, power in the Senate, and we have a Democratic President? Did you know that they should have passed a budget bill before the beginning of the year when they had all the power to put whatever they wanted to in it but didn't and when Republican's wanted to get thing's done after they came in power, Democrat's blamed them for the government shut down when really they should have gotten it passed months ago?

Did you know that global warming is a propaganda myth? Did you know that this past winter was the worst winter for both the US and England? Yep, that's global warming. Did you know that electric car's are actually worst for the enviroment then gas cars? But it's worse than that. Gasoline is an incredibly efficient way to power a vehicle; a gallon of gas has a lot of energy in it. But when you take that gas (or another fuel) and first use it to make electricity, you waste a nice chunk of that energy, mostly in the form of wasted heat — at the generator, through the transmission lines, etc.

GTaylor BRONZE said...
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
 I meant to say arguable.