HARASSMENT | Teen Ink

HARASSMENT

April 30, 2010
By alex_ita BRONZE, Homestead, Florida
alex_ita BRONZE, Homestead, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Don't judge a book by its cover" or " Everything happens for a reason" and "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"


Bullying is a problem for every school, and I know that you have heard this by every teacher in your school. But now more than ever. I don’t know when this happened but I heard a story by a teacher about a boy who was bullied. He thought that he was indifferent, but a student claims that this boy was perfectly normal. Well, when he got on his bus, the bully of the school would do his daily tormenting. Usually calling him names, or kicking him and throwing punches, which caused excruciating pain.


Next, the entire bus would make fun of this poor boy, most probably not wanting trouble with the insecure bully. That was only the start of it. Throughout the day, it was constant picking on the poor, suffering, unhappy boy. Of course that brings down self-esteem and a bunch of other good stuff. The boy would return home grimly, well, because of the constant bullying.


After years of the picking, punching, and beating, the boy has made a decision. He opened the window of his room, got a rope from his garage , and tied it to the lamppost. He then made a loop in the rope and put his head through it. He lay there hanging, helplessly, at the verge of regretting his actions. He did this at midnight, and his body was decaying slowly. His poor parents found his body the following day, and cried their eyes out.

This is why bullying is a problem. It can lead to suicide. Really painful suicide. There is another bad case of bullying about a girl, where a boy throw a pick at her. I heard about a week ago that she had just opened her eyes after a month of intense care. If you are a bully, think about the people you are bullying. They are in danger of committing suicide. Actually, in the year 2010, suicide rates had risen because of bullying. If you have witnessed any beatings or harassments of any sort, please tell an adult you trust.
And I know that you have heard this type of speeches before, but I just wanted to refresh your memory.