tbi and ptsd helping soldiers | Teen Ink

tbi and ptsd helping soldiers

May 18, 2010
By LcplShannon PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
LcplShannon PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
23 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAM. IT WONT COME TO YOU. YOU GOT TO GO GET IT


Soldiers should be helped with TBI and PTSD. Without helping soldiers get through this horrible disease, it can affect them for the rest of their lives. The USA Cares Organization say with the latest Rand study suggests over 300,000 suffer from PTSD and TBI, with fewer than half of these cases actually recognized. Thus, it raises the problem to now being a major problem. Using the donations from the people of the United States, organizations can rebuild soldiers with medical help. Most organizations, like the CCI Organization, help veterans with TBI and PTSD using smart and loyal dog companions. PSDS supports the idea of letting intelligent dog companions help veterans become well again. Most veterans who don’t get treatment or any help at all can change their sense of life dramatically. They would forget family, have thoughts of committing suicide, afraid to go outside and have delusions of the war when out in the open outside. Air Force veteran Suzanne Quinn had PTSD so bad that for 6 years, she wouldn't get out of her house. Then her dog “Cabo” arrived 4 months ago skilled at extraordinary commands. This is what she had to say about her dog, “She is restoring my sense of safety, my sense of security," Quinn said. "Cabo came into your life, and what happens," Petersen asked. "The world just opened up," Quinn said. "Doors I thought were slammed shut started to open again." Suzanne is now going outside, and she is now her world is opened up for others. Like Suzanne, we can help by donating money and gifts to the USA Cares Organization with the money turned in, we can help in some way: $2,500 will cover a service member’s living expenses during PTSD treatment, $1,000 will help a family avoid foreclosure, $500 will stop rental eviction, $250 will prevent utility shut off, and $100 will provide food for a family of four for one week. You can send gifts to USA Cares P.O. Box 759 Radcliff, Kentucky 40159. So we should donate money and gifts for the support of the dog companion treatment and other treatments for veterans who are desperate to get their lives back on track.