Living Beyond Imperfections | Teen Ink

Living Beyond Imperfections

By leeahnax3 BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
leeahnax3 BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

I believe in living beyond your imperfections. What that simply means is that even if you don’t have the “coolest” clothes or hate the way you look you should just learn that this is you, you are an individual and don’t have to be like everyone else. In middle school you hear girls complaining about how their hair isn’t like their friends or something like that. But they should learn that it’s not fun being like someone else, you have to stand out from the crowd not blend in. I know I sometimes copy people but we all cant help it.

We all have different styles and know that’s it’s not how we want to look when we copy someone. We’re just trying to look like them because we don’t like how we are dressing. This connects to me in a way because when I was in 5th grade all the girls shopped at Abercrombie & Fitch and I figured that I had to shop there or else I would look different. Well that didn’t work out because I ended up looking exactly like them, which was so not me. Plus I hated how my hair looked and I tried to copy their hairstyle, which didn’t work out so well.

I knew I wasn’t perfect, nobody is. I was trying to be like all of those girls because they seemed perfect in my eyes. And I thought if I was like them then I would be perfect too. But now I know that being different is better than being like everyone else. Even though I shop at the same store as everyone else I have my own sense of style. And I know I am not perfect but I am me. I am living beyond my imperfections and being myself because being me is what I’m good at. So even if you don’t like the way you look be different and stand out.

I hope people that read this realize that everyone is different in their own way and that they shouldn't try to be like someone just to impress them.