High School... | Teen Ink

High School...

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

Harsh words spat from venomous tongues, whispered promises passed throw naïve lips, slow tears brought about by indecisive silences; first loves, first heartbreaks, first triumphs, and first failures: High School. It’s not just a television drama, not just a chapter in your autobiography, not just a good book, or a lame movie. High school is…the beginning; the beginning of everything real.

I was watching One Tree Hill one morning (which is one of my favorite shows ever) and I felt the undeniable urge to write this, the word just came to me and....well here it is!

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
That is also very true XD Sadly. I think maybe the only real thing is the world we create ourselfs.Through much toll and hardship. ??? This is true life is so gossip this and drama that. Sorta anoying and entertaining in a way like a chick flick. Just "come on" but also "ok well.." lol. I liked how you talked of firsts that should be the deffinition of highschool "the first  real start of your life." since Middle school counts NOTHING! XD Thanks for respecting my opinion :) Good job on the piece.

I understand your opinion. Your are very right; High School is full of fakes and stero-types, but from my experience the rest of the world is just as fake, just as dramatic. Of course this is only my opinion. Anyway, thanks for the compliments and the comments (good or bad)! :)

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
I would agree with this if only highschool wasn't so fake! XD IDK schools always been like this alternate reality thing to me for some reson. With gropies and stero-types and such. But yeah very nice I like it anyway :D regardless my opinion. Good word choice very nice. Keep it up Kodos.