Superficial | Teen Ink

Superficial

By Danadolly PLATINUM, Florence, Kentucky
Danadolly PLATINUM, Florence, Kentucky

I am really tired of feeling like I'm unattractive or weigh too much or look like a lesbian because of my short hair. Seriously, if you think that, you're not cool. Stop being so shallow. I'm so sick of hating myself for superficial reasons. I am a genuinely nice person, I'm creative and fun to be around. So why do people feel like they have to judge me by how I wear my hair or how much I weigh? Get. Over. It. It's not that big of a deal. So I need to lose 30 pounds. I'm tired of being judged by that, and feeling like people are laughing at me behind my back and assuming I'm a lesbian. Or simply looking my way, sneering , saying "Dyke" in their heads, and not giving me another thought. And anyway, even if I WAS a lesbian, there's nothing wrong with that. Lesbians are awesome. So calm down, and stop being so nasty. It's really not that big of a deal how somebody looks. I'm seriously sick of hearing about how size matters, and hearing jerky people say that other people ought to lose weight, when it's really none of their business.

I'm tired of it and I'm not going to let myself feel this way anymore. I'm just as good as everybody else. It doesn't matter how I look. You need to stop trying to bring me down. Kay? Cause I'm not about to keep letting people step all over my self esteem. This is just about the dumbest thing I've ever had to write about. Does it seriously matter what people look like? Like is that all that matters? Don't people care about other people's talents and personalities? Now, don't get in a tizzy, this is not directed at anyone in particular. Especially not anyone close to me. I know that you love me for me. Like Tim, Ashley, Jenny, and everybody else close to me. I'm not talking to you. I'm talking about the people who give me a funny look in the hallway or don't bother to speak to me because I look ugly or whatever. It's seriously getting old. You need to get a life, and realize that life is about more than what people look like. Because when you get old, and are married to someone, it's not going to be about whether they're pretty or not. Looks fade. It's going to be about if they make you laugh, and if they will help take care of you. That's what really matters. Thank you if you bothered to read this. I'm just tired of being judged my a haircut or a few extra pounds.

Confidence should be about who you are, not what you look like.

Llbid BRONZE said...
Llbid BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

I say violence is necessary. It is as American as cherry pie.
-Hubert Geroid Brown

youre right. there's nothing wrong with lesbians and people need to get of their high horse and start living in the real world. everyones got problems no matter how deep they try to hide them.