The Lost Generation | Teen Ink

The Lost Generation

November 18, 2010
By Lalalovable SILVER, Antioch, California
Lalalovable SILVER, Antioch, California
7 articles 1 photo 50 comments

Our generation is lost, jaded, and unmemorable. We’ve lost our passion that used to kindle so bright and hot that’s now just conformed into an ordinary blank page. We’ve evolved into vast fields of emptiness and ignorance. Why have we turned into kids that don’t make a difference in our lives? My only assumption is that we’ve lost all the hope inside of us to care. We’ve turned off our pain, our logic, our hope. We’ve turned off our intrigue. Most importantly, we have turned off our emotional creature.
I want to hear the sweet words tumbling out of your mouth that make my heart stop, forget text and emailing. I want to have honest friendship not to add you on face book. Ever since the day partying was the highlight of our lives, society has failed us. Maybe, we don’t know what life is like when yours is filled with passion, drive, love, and originality. Perhaps we’ve taken the wrong tunnel leading us to be lost and fearful of ourselves.
Middle school kids are cussing like a sailor which breaks my heart, but they learn from the best. What ever happened to being a real upper-classmen and leading by example? The disease of plastic surgery is epidemic. Girls are made to believe we must be turned into plastic Barbie clones that traffic the streets of L.A. Our dreams have gone from if I work really hard, I could be the first women president to if I shove this Botox needle in my face my cheeks will look just like that model. Goodness, where did the smart people go.
Looking like a mannequin doesn’t make you pretty or more attractive but ambition, passion, and honesty that is what makes us beautiful. When you close your eyes and hear the intelligence and power filling your voice is what shows the person you truly are. Our true essence shows greatness and charisma. Us teens are more important than we give ourselves credit; together we have the power to speak volumes. Call it a movement if you will, to take a stand against the poison consuming our generation. Let’s not be stupid. Lets not be naïve. Let us be the future.
Going some where or being your own person is far too hard to do leaving us exploited and used. Crying and bleeding won’t numb the pain yet we walk right by and look away. Please, fear our impending doom that leaves monstrous paths of tears and glooms. When our call to action stops our motives will waste away unheard of and unexplained.


The author's comments:
An Interview from eve ensler inspired me to write my thoughts of how people have changed.