Friendships | Teen Ink

Friendships

Friendships
“Random”
Why did I have to say it so loud? Why did he have to hear me? I couldn’t help flinging the thought around in my head. No one could interpret whether they disliked what I had said or not. I couldn’t believe what I had done. They were kind of random. They were sitting on a picnic table with a baseball and a guitar. I had only said they were random after I had reached to change the song on the CD player. And within the next short moment random boy # 1 had finished the chorus.
What were they doing? They were probably wondering the same thing about us. Janelle, Carissa, and I sat, pondered, examined, and discussed. Becoming uninterested Janelle and I proceeded back to the campsite. Carissa, still puzzled by the vivacious boys, sat and wondered. Meanwhile riding our bikes became a rapid boredom.
Our cheerful attitudes quickly changed to horrible feelings in the pits of our stomachs. Detesting the way we had acted we, wondered back towards the campsite. As we approached our site I noticed Carissa talking to the two boys. Quickly grabbing Janelle and thrusting her in front of me we made our way over to the table soon to be called “our table”. Carissa introduced us, Justin offered up some cards. That one phrase-
“Wanna play”-
Was the start of a life long friendship.