My Family | Teen Ink

My Family

February 12, 2008
By Anonymous

If you had to choose between a million dollars and your family which would you chose? First, think about a few things. They aren’t going to be around forever and we need to make the most of their company. I don’t think that I would ever be able to live without them, and knowing that you get to sleep in a house full of people that love you, is a real treat.

My family won’t be around forever and we need to enjoy their company as much as we can. My mom’s dad is sick with Alzheimer’s disease and every day he gets closer and closer to the end. I love him dearly and I wish that this hadn’t happened to him. My step-mom’s dad has been extremely depressed since his wife died and he has been to the hospital a couple of times because he doesn’t take care of himself any more. If I could change the next thing I would, but it’s so important to me that I couldn’t bring myself to do so. My dad is a smoker and every time I go to see him he is coughing worse and worse. Even when he’s not sick, he coughs. I love him dearly and wish he would stop.

I can’t live without my family because everything I do my family is right behind me. If there was an award for most supportive mom, my mom would definitely win. She goes to all of my swimming meets and she does all that because she loves me. My dad teaches me everything about life, whether it’s about the crazy drivers on the road these days or about making the right choices. He has always taught me the right things. If I’ve got a problem all I need to do is call up my grandma and there you go. My grandma is like my life-line. She’s there when I need to talk and always listens before commenting.

If you could be the luckiest person in the world it would have to be because all you have to think about is sleeping in a house full of people that love you. When I’m at my mom’s I sleep in a house with four or more people. That makes you really think that there is always a reason to come home at night. If I’m at my dad’s house there are always at least four people. Usually not more than that; they all love me and my sis. And when someone says grandma’s house is full of love that’s always true at my grandma’s house.

My family is important to me for many reasons but there are three that really stick out to me. They definitely will not be around forever, and you can’t beat the way they love you. I know I can’t live without them, because I mean come on who’s going to feed me? I can't imagine sleeping alone in a house by myself. When you know that there are a bunch of people that love you sleeping around you, you can’t beat that.