Existing for Magic | Teen Ink

Existing for Magic

By divingforreality GOLD, Fontana, California
divingforreality GOLD, Fontana, California

I like to believe I exist for a purpose that is more than just sitting here and debating whether or not I should get a drink for me to slurp up. I like to think that someday I’ll be able to move mountains for someone, even if it does start with a simple levitating spell. I suppose you have to start with a feather before you can ever move onto a a rock. Working on perfecting magic to move and inspire human beings is a lifelong journey. I like to believe that someday, despite my laziness, negativity, lack of motivation and inspiration, I will be able to concoct something through words that will be able to confound and rivet such a being as I to become something more.

That is exactly what the Wizarding World was able to do for me. It moved ranges for me. It stirred what little humanity and trust I had left in the world and brought me to my senses multiple times. It gave me a purpose and a career and a goal. It gave me reason to believe that perhaps I am no ordinary muggle. Perhaps I could be something greater. It taught me about choices and it taught me about death. It introduced me to people that helped me grow and become stronger.

I would never be the person I am today without the magic that has inflated within me. I honestly hope that my children, as well as other children, will be able to take from the Harry Potter series as I have. Perhaps they will never be able to fully comprehend the meaning and truth behind the ink and lines, but as long as I’m alive I want to be able to explain it.

Tonight is truly the end of an era, as I’ve said multiple times. Tonight is the night we celebrate our childhood and give thanks to J.K. Rowling for creating such a series that inspired us without ever meaning to.

We are the children.

We are the struggle.

We are the magic.

This was written for the fans who believe what was once called fiction.

thank you jo.