My Granny | Teen Ink

My Granny

Granny, it seem just like yesterday when you told me, "Krystal, get off that computer and do something or clean up!" Now that you are gone, it seems like my life is incomplete. I know I should not be weeping, worrying, or thinking my world is over since you are not here with me, because I know that you are in a better place. That better place is the Kingdom of Heaven, and I am expecting to see you there when I also leave this earth.
You are not suffering, worrying, or even crying anymore, and I am so glad about that. You are with King Jesus and the God Almighty. I know that you are looking down and watching over me now. You are guiding me through right and wrong and protecting me when I get into trouble. Even though I cannot see you, I know you are always there.
Granny, Inez Jones, you are and will forever stay in my heart. I know that I cannot talk to you or see you physically, but I can spiritually. Granny, I love you and I thank you for being in my life not only as my granny, but as a second mother. I want to also thank you for being in my life for the fourteen wonderful years!
You are so dear to my life and I realize that I should not take people for granted, that one day everybody has to pass on to the other side. I cannot wait to see you standing there with opening arms and welcoming me to join you in the Kingdom of Heaven. Granny even though you are gone, all the things you taught me will stay with me in my lifetime. I will pass the things that you taught me down to my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I love you and I thank you for always being there for me when I nedd you!