Simplistically Describing Life and Tenacity | Teen Ink

Simplistically Describing Life and Tenacity

By amandalewe SILVER, Chantilly, Virginia
amandalewe SILVER, Chantilly, Virginia

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!”—Audrey Hepburn
"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"—Vincent Van Gogh
"Failure is success if you learn from it."—Malcolm Forbes

How can one word completely assure trust and confidence? How can one word bring one’s self to wholeness and peace? For centuries, numerous Scholars have analytically, conceptually and theoretically studied the word. The definition of it has to come from within one’s self and cannot be uprooted by a dictionary’s definition. When debated, it can lead to alienation of people and many lives have succumbed to this strife. During the eleventh century crusade, many Christians and Muslims died over the true meaning of this word. The Christians whom attempted to recapture the holy land demonstrate great persistence and strong will. Through the struggle for justification, many found themselves clinging to this word. This word also has the ability to transform and restore one’s life. I personally find myself at wholeness and peace with this word. It can bring me out of darkness and renew the burning candle in my heart. People with this word in their hearts strive to become better people and can move them off the wrong course of life. They strongly uphold their own values and open themselves up to new people and ideas. Though this word only has five letters and one syllable, it has the power to change lives and sometimes can mean the difference between life and death. Faith is not only unique, but it can simplistically describe life and tenacity in a word.