Blank Pages | Teen Ink

Blank Pages

By crazy4bb SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
crazy4bb SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Aspire to inspire before you expire <3

Blank Pages
I see the pain in your eyes, the hurt in your heart, and the scars on your body. Life hasn’t been fair to you, I know this. But life really hasn’t been fair to many, if any, of us. Every once in a while we’ll meet someone who deserves every bit of what they have, but most of the time we see those who deserve nothing or have earned nothing with everything or those who deserve good things with nothing. What would you say to that? You’d say that’s life.

Well life doesn’t have to be that way. You can pick yourself back up and carry on. I’m pretty sure you’d agree with me that quitters never win, so my question to you is why you are giving up so soon. You have your whole life to live. So what you have a messed up family? You can still create a new one. Yeah, the dictionary does say a family is “A group consisting of parents and children living together in a household”, but last time I checked nobody has a family like that anymore. If they do they are a rare case and should be grateful. Family is the group of people who love and care about you unconditionally. It doesn’t matter if there is a mom, a dad, three kids, and a dog like a stereotypical family portrait. That’s not realistic. And, okay, sure you’ve made some choices in life that you regret, but we all have. Just like we all have things we’re embarrassed and insecure about. All of these things are a part of life and you can’t stop living because of a set back here and there.

Life is meant to be lived. If you spend all your time hating yourself what good is that going to do you? If you can’t enjoy the simple things in life and let stupid things brush off you’ll never be a happy person. Have you ever just taken a moment to stop and admire the beauty of all the things good around you? Most of the time we forget to stop and enjoy the little things because we’re too busy. Working, getting an education to better ourselves, trying to take care of personal things in life like family and friends, and everything else that is stressful all consume our time.

With all of our time being taken up by things that are “more important” we never have time to just stop, smile, and laugh a little. We need to stop taking life so seriously all the time. Don’t get me wrong, there is a time and place for being serious but it’s not every day all day. Of course if we live that way we’re going to be miserable, an idiot could figure that one out.

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? I don’t have an answer. I’m guilty as charged with these thoughts and actions as well, but I keep reminding myself that the world keeps turning. Tomorrow is a blank page in the book we are writing our life story in. Moral of the story, don’t write a boring book.