Fighting the Foundation | Teen Ink

Fighting the Foundation

June 14, 2013
By SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota
SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota
25 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What does not kill you makes you stronger!" or
"Your only limits are the ones you set on yourself" Love doesn't bring happiness, happiness can just happens to be found easier where there is love-- Sam


I walk over to my mirror, then I look at the makeup spread across the counter. I pick up a hammer; the fountain bottle breaks with one hit. After examining the skin colored splatters on my mirror, I then open my blush, eyeshadow container, and glitter. I dig at them grabbing up the colorful powders; I throw them into the air and watch them sparkle as they fall to the ground at my feet. After the powder settles I unscrew the top of my perfume bottle and pour it onto the floor where it mixes with the powders. Now I am worked up, so I break the lip stick, lip stain, mascara, and makeup brushes in half and throw them to the floor as well. Finally; I use my eyeliner as war paint by putting a thick horizontal streak on each cheek.
I smile at myself in my splattered makeup mirror and walk outside to the super cute boy who was supposed to take me on a date that I got with my "good looks". He stares opened mouth at me looking at my freckles, uncombed hair, makeup stained clothes, and war paint; I just walk away down to the boy who lives across the street and never wanted anything more than a friend and we walk away to live happily ever after.

My alarm clock beeps at me angrily 2 hours before I need to get on the bus; better start applying makeup can't get a guy without at least a pound of foundation on my face. I sigh; remembering my dream from last night, we don't live in fairy tales.