What Matters is the Present | Teen Ink

What Matters is the Present

By sam_101 BRONZE, ......................, Other
sam_101 BRONZE, ......................, Other

It's been something that was in my head for quite a while, so anyhow let me type it here so that you can have a look at it too.

I, like a lot of teens went through numerous breakups and nothing felt right, there was always something that kept me dragging back to my exes, like how are they and what are they doing. They never left my mind but the same could not be said for what was going in on their end of the table because they accepted that I was an ex and it was time for them to move on.

Anyhow, I was stuck back in their thoughts for a long time and I'd send them messages that hey, how are you? At times they'd reply and at times they wouldn't. Why? because there was no obligation or attachment that bound them to send me a reply, it was merely simple ethics and etiquette that lead them to send me a reply.

But that part slowly and steadily too vanished away and here I was thinking about them and I did a bit of searching which showed me that they were doing extremely good and I was just wasting both mine and their time by sending them messages, I didn't matter to them and let's be honest, most people don't have feelings for the exes, feelings that genuinely make you worry and care about them.

Sure I am not a perfect guy and I openly admit I screwed up a lot of times, I hurt my exes and I got hurt too but the part of me wasn't and isn't wanting to move on from them, honestly I occasionally think about them.

Then there were people who I used to talk with, they left too and I feel alone and hollow cause I don't have people around me to talk to anymore.

My exes and people I used to know don't reply anymore which is a sign that hey move on, I forgot you, I don't want you back in my life and just leave me alone.

Now you must think that hey this is more of a rant than an article but do continue to read.

Time passed away and I had my inaugural session at the medical school and the first thing they spoke about was compassion and caring, two things which separates a doctor from a good doctor. It doesn't hurt if you care about someone or something, you care that is sufficient to make you understand a lot of things.

You care, you worry about people and that will make you stand out.

Coming back to the point, it's good to care and worry but don't throw yourself out and don't sell yourself cheap. Don't sit around and think about the past, don't feel alone because we all have people and things in out life.

I'm going to be a doctor and what matters to me is that the caring attitude should be there for the people who entrust me with their lives and with the lives of their loved ones.

You shouldn't feel low because someone didn't reply back, maybe it's sign to move on and if there was someone who was to come back in your life, he or she would pick up your signs.

To you what should matter is your life and where it's headed, not someone else's who forgot and left you.

That's all I have to say, do comment and rate.

Thank you for your time

I had this locked up in my head and I wanted to out it on here where people could read this and maybe learn something from my experience.
do comment and review.
Gracias

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nice and sincere. Gives me an insight on relationships and exes.. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

sam_101 BRONZE said...
a late reply, i read it, it's funny how some of us want it to be like it was before but the majority of the ones involved don't even want to look back

Mikky_Ekko13 SILVER, Osseo, Minnesota

"People may hate you for being different and not living by society's standards, but deep down, they wish they had the courage to do the same."

"it's good to care and worry but don't throw yourself out and don't sell yourself cheap. Don't sit around and think about the past, don't feel alone because we all have people and things in out life." Words of inspiration. Good job!

___averylynn_____ SILVER, Waterford, Michigan

Look closely at the present you are constructing. It should look like the future you are dreaming. - Alice Walker.
What you wear is your billboard. So, what are you advertising?

Well, I'm sure that you won't read this, but I really liked it. I thought no one felt the way I did... Weird. I think about people all the time from my past, and sometimes I miss them. But times were rough and I think it's time for me to move on now and accept that things won't ever go back to the way they were before, and they really can't.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

So good! And so true! Keep on writing! I'm glad you wrote your amazing work. Thanks for sharing this!

seaofsorrows GOLD, Lynnwood, Washington

Love. A four letter word, short but true. With no hope of being defined. But what's new?

-S. Jordan

What most people feel, but don't have the words to say. This is really relateable. Just as constructive critizism, it might help to group together your ideas after they are written down so you can transition from yourself to the reader with more ease. But I really do like it.

Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

"I'm OK, I'm Fine and I'm alright are the greatest lies people tell each other everyday." By Me.

This is very real, down to the bone and it's the ulgy truth that we can't help but wonder about. Poeple; they come, they go. that's bound to be a written rule somewhere because no one ever stays. This says a lot of things many want to voice out, it's great!

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

May God make it easier for you! This drove me to tears and I was able to relate so much, I feel the same way. My friends never reply to my emails ever since I started homeschool and I don't even know them anymore, at least thats how I feel. You're right, the important thing is not friends, its your life and where it's headed. Thank you for sharing this! 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Well I don't know what to say I'm speechless! LOL You came out on the perfect moment and this must be a sign! Now that I read your work yup I do believe you when you say that it's my life and i should worry about the people who deserve being worried about. Thanks for sharing this, Great work. Keep writing Scruffy_Guy!

AvianNudge SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

― Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a

This is such amazing work! I really enjoyed every sentence I have read. You kept me intriuged.. Very well written

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I loved this! Great job! CX

Sail_ BRONZE said...
Sail_ BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
I really liked this; very inspirational, and I really got the point. I didn't see it as a rant, at all. Love it!

Webbyd SILVER said...
Webbyd SILVER, Bridgeton, New Jersey

Monsters are real and ghost are real too. They live inside of us and sometimes.... They win.
- Stephen King

AWESOME!!!! i love it!! keep writing  

DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

I'm fine. I just feel like I'm shattered into hundred of little shards of glass and I'm going to hurt everybody who loves me.

A great message and an awesome author. Very admittive and I just love it! Keep writing!

CarlyRae GOLD said...
CarlyRae GOLD, Cambridge, Maryland

We all carry these things inside us that no one else can see; they hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea.

i felt the exact same way with one of my exes.  It's so hard to get over them completely. but i did really like your article.