My Phone | Teen Ink

My Phone

November 6, 2018
By Jay_Bryd BRONZE, Santa Maria, California
Jay_Bryd BRONZE, Santa Maria, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One of my favorite things out of my top five favorite things, would probably be my phone. I like it more than the other things because the phone can do many things, and doesn't just have one use. It can wake me up with the buzz of the alarm, as it thumps on the hard coarse wood table, as my hand touches it’s cold metallic of the phone. And how it warms up the more I use it and push it to it’s limits. The more I use the phone the more it heats up, causing it to become hotter and hotter.


My phone looks like a rectangular metallic shape- it’s two and half by five and a half inches. The phone has an apple logo from the apple company, and has a camera on the back and on the front, with a flashlight on the back. It looks glossy, faded, and smudged by the fingerprints and the use over time,and the time I’ve had this phone. It’s screen sparkles in the dark room, only lit by the phone.


It sounds like many things, it can be the alarm going off in the morning, it could be the sound of me receiving a text message or a phone call, or the sound of a song that I play through the phone. It also rattles on some surfaces jumping up and down on some surfaces. It’s speaker on the bottom of the phone allows all of those sounds to go off.


My phone is very important to me because without it, I wouldn’t be able to communicate with my friends and family, and I wouldn’t be able to get news fast, and communication is something that is used a lot in today’s ages, and I'm not one of those people that is obsessed with their phone I can go a while without it, as long as there's something else to keep me entertained. I sometimes even prefer not to use the phone and rather spend time with friends instead maybe playing football or basketball.


The author's comments:

I am a highschool student, writing about my favorite thing, for It's many uses.