8th Grade Exam Newsletter | Teen Ink

8th Grade Exam Newsletter

Today, January 17, 2019, 8th graders have their Algebra and World Language Semester Exams. This is a school wide Exam for the 8th graders if you are in a World Language, such as, German and Spanish, and also a Algebra level class.

Now why would 8th graders have to do Exams? Aren't Exams only for High schoolers? Well the 8th graders World Language and Math classes are High school credit class and will count for High school credits. These credits are for students and so that they can graduate and go to college and maybe start your career without going to college. However, some may think that it is unfair for some 8th graders to take exams and some do not. Maybe, a solution would to be to not have exams for 8th graders and wait for High school. But, you are getting credits for High school and it comes with benefits in High school, like, when you are a senior you can leave school a hour or two early so you can go to your work earlier if you have enough credits.

For middle schoolers, you have a choice to pick a world language or wait to start learning a world language in High school. You also had the choice to move up in a higher math class such as Algebra over summer break in summer school. For the kids who think it is unfair you are ahead of the other kids and will help you in the long run of your life and career.