Backpacks | Teen Ink

Backpacks

By rindluca BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
rindluca BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

Yesterday I saw my friend Jack come in late to class. This has happened many times in the past but recently it has been very often. That day I asked what was going on and he said that he doesn't have time to go to his locker to get his stuff for class. I thought about a solution to this, backpacks.

We should be allowed to have a bag or backpack that we can take around the school so we don't have to stop at our lockers and end up late for class. In college, you can. In High School, you can. But for some reason in middle school, we can't. Teachers shouldn't be able to punish us for being late to class. We have the same amount of classes as the high school does so it doesn't make sense to me that we can't have backpacks. Especially because some teachers hold us in class for another minute. Kids shouldn't be in trouble for something that we can't even help. We could run through the halls but teachers don't allow that either so we really have no other choice.

There is one more solution to this problem that I came up with. We have a 98 minute Language Arts class. I propose that we take a little time off of this class and give it to more time to get around the school. I think six minutes is a good amount of time to get around from class to class. That's only 12 minutes off of a class that is already too long. With this time we can go to the bathroom in between classes without having to miss any class. Those are two suggestions to reduce the amount of tardiness.