Courtyard Crisis | Teen Ink

Courtyard Crisis

By Schedavi BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Schedavi BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

When the students came up to the courtyard door and them realizing that courtyard is shut today there faces showed disappointment. This has been a path for students to save some valuable time from getting class to class. But on January 16th the school has closed down the courtyard because of the cold conditions

This could hinder students path schedule because in the beginning the school year many students used the path to save valuable time. But now since the school has closed down the courtyard this daily pattern is being put to a screeching halt.

As students arrive at the class they are like a deer in headlights, everyone else is sitting down and the teacher is furious. But as explained by one student “I think it should be opened and if they want to be cold they want to be cold, and if the courtyard is closed they have less time to get to class and this causes students to be late.

Students should write a petition having the courtyard open all days except snow or rain. If they allow kids to go outside for recess why can't they have the courtyard open as well?