We Need Bigger Lockers | Teen Ink

We Need Bigger Lockers

By kingkyle BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
kingkyle BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

If you walk down the hallways today on January 18th, 2019 you will see backpack straps hanging all over the floor. Not only will this affect the people's backpack but it can also be a safety hazard. People can trip and fall over these and that can end very badly. The main reason for this issue is because of small lockers.

This problem is affecting the students at Parkview Middle School drastically. According to Noah, “When I put my backpack in my locker my locker is full. Then I have to fit my coat. I end up jamming my coat into my locker to make it fit. The only issue with that is that is when I go to close my locker. I have to jam it shut to make it close. It also wrinkles my coat.” As Noah just told you this is an issue.

This problem can be solved. We could all get together to have a fundraiser to get this done. This could make more problems than it is worth. If we have straps hanging on the floor. Then someone can trip on these straps. They could get major injuries. This would make the school get bigger lockers and they would have bills to pay. This issue can be solved. But will it be?