Why The Simpsons are better than Gravity Falls | Teen Ink

Why The Simpsons are better than Gravity Falls

April 19, 2024
By MiaisMe BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
MiaisMe BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever watched two shows and had a favorite one over the other? Well I have and my opinion is The Simpsons are better than Gravity Falls.  Despite the fact that Gravity Falls is most people's first choice, The Simpsons is the best choice because there are a lot of seasons, not everyone is perfect in Springfield, and in every episode they have to solve the problem they are having.

The Simpsons have a variety of seasons on the show to be specific thirty-five seasons. You can watch The Simpsons in any order you like and you’ll know about most of the family in that episode. Unlike Gravity falls you can’t watch them in a different order like the Simpsons since it is focused on a certain story in the show. The Simpsons has seven hundred sixty-two episodes which you can watch and it will take you a while, while Gravity falls only has forty episodes that you can watch in probably under four days. In practically every episode you will most likely meet a new character that might show up in a couple episodes after you first see them. Some characters you might see more than once are Sideshow Bob, Bleeding Gum Murphy, and Nikki McKenna. Also you may like characters that appear very often like Ned Flanders, Moe Szyslak, Carl Carson, Lenny Leonard, and Nelson Muntz. Gravity falls barely has any new characters that appear since it's on a certain story they can’t just make any random person unless they change the story a little so they can fit in the story.

The Simpsons show that their town or the people in it are not perfect like the other towns around them. Each person in the town has a problem: no one absolutely is perfect, not even their pet dog, Santa’s little helper is perfect. Some of the town's problems they have are that chief Wiggum is not good at his job and a lazy cop, the teachers in the elementary school barely teach their students anything during class, and the nuclear plant is not being runned by the brightest people, and the kwik-e-mart isn’t stored with the most healthiest food or the freshest food in the world. The people in the Simpsons have problems with them Homer Simpsons problem is that he's an alcoholic mostly every time of the day, Lisa Simpson is one of the smartest person in a dumb town, Bart Simpson always gets in trouble and is always blamed for stuff he doesn’t do sometimes, the mayor only cares about himself and girl instead of the more important stuff, and Ned Flanders is a people pleaser so he barely says no to someone unless he gets mad. I could say something about every character in Springfield and their problems. Even though Gravity falls has problems in their town and characters they don’t really show them in every episode like The Simpsons.

In practically every episode of The Simpsons they always have to solve their own problem or have to help with someone else's problems. In mostly every episode someone has a problem that either The Simpson family or they have to solve. Sometimes the problem might get worse but if it's between two characters maybe in another episode they'll forgive each other. Some never will fix their problems ever in the show, but most of them always fix their problems. Times where they had to fix their problems are when Moe Szyslak family came to his bar, his dad gave his brother and sister a mattress store each, but then his brother and sister started fighting when he got these bed bugs and threw them on the mattresses that his brother and sister owned but after a long day they forgive each other. Another time was when Mr. Burn was hosting a talent show, since when he was younger he did one but it ended horribly when he got embarrassed by it, years later he hosted it with Lisa Simpsons help. Many people auditioned for the talent show but only a few got selected. Everything was going good until the end when he tried to re-do his old talent act but it ended the same way when he was a kid, Embarrassment. People's problems in the Simpsons can be big or small either way they will fix it somehow. In gravity falls their only problem is to figure out why there are so many weird things occurring in the town. Although many people say Gravity falls has one detailed story in the span of two seasons and it peaks any person watching it since it's always a mystery of what's going to happen next. However, The Simpsons is more for people who like comedy or who don’t like shows that have a story that is more than a couple episodes long Unlike Gravity Falls.

In conclusion The Simpsons is way better than Gravity falls even if its people's first choice The Simpsons is my first choice and it will never change. The Simpsons has a variety of seasons, their town or the people in it are not perfect like the other towns around them, and every episode of The Simpsons they always have to solve their own problem or have to help with someone else's problems. If you’ve never watched Gravity Falls or The Simpsons, you need to watch The Simpsons first no matter what.