The Definition of Love | Teen Ink

The Definition of Love

By haley_gnzls3 BRONZE, Atascadero, California
haley_gnzls3 BRONZE, Atascadero, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"You shouldn't be sad because sad spelled backwards is das and das not good"

Love is everywhere. It comes in the most widespread unpredictable ways. Love can come from your dog when you’re feeling a bit down in the dumps it can even come from your friend who just called you and told you the funniest thing they experienced on that day. Love can be found inside of a person or an object. Love is love and that is something nobody can control. It’s not scary to feel loved or to even be in love. It’s a place in which no matter how far you travel you will always come back to it and be wrapped up in its safe and loving presence. The warmth will captivate you and drive you to the point to where nothing else feels right except when you are there with whomever or whatever it is. Love also means putting yourself first and not exceeding your limits. Love means not conforming to meet the other person’s or objects needs. When the time is right you will know. There is no way you can deny it. Your body is your treasure chest,  you have one to keep safe and nurture your entire life. Treat it with respect and the value it deserves. Your body is your body and there is not another living, breathing one like it. Love is a two way street. Value and encouragement goes a long way. If it is a person you love, treat him or her out to dinner, make them feel special as well. Love is the strongest force on the face of this planet and it quite literally is what makes the world go around. Make love not war.