Bradan | Teen Ink

Bradan

By Alyssa(: PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
Alyssa(: PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust noone but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe

"Vroom, vroom" and we were off! It all started with our family telling Shay we needed another little one in the family. As christmas rolled around Shay told me that she was pregnant! I thought the day would never come. My grandfather was having a retierment party so, my mom and I went to help them paint there porch when at 9:05PM we got a phone call from Marty, Shays husband. He said they werent at the hospital for a tour, they were there for the baby. Left, right, where to turn? Although I was born at the same hospital my mom didnt have a clue where to go and neither did any of my family because I was born there 13 years ago. After, being there for hours and waiting for 1 1/2 days, I looked over to see what time it was when I saw Marty, holding the baby. Bradan. Brown hair, blue eyes, 6 pounds, 4 ounces, & 19 inches, safe and sound.

This is a story I wrote at the hospital when my baby cousin, Bradan, was born.