Bro and Sis Moment | Teen Ink

Bro and Sis Moment

By mfs1123 BRONZE, St. Rose, Louisiana
mfs1123 BRONZE, St. Rose, Louisiana

Ever since the age of two, I have always lived in two separate households, one with my mother and one with my father. It was always a great struggle of mine to please both parents all the time, and I felt that every decision I made upset one parent while pleasing the other. The only factor that made living with two parents bearable was seeing my younger brother, Gabe. Every time I went to my father's house, Gabe would run up to me granting me with a gigantic hug. My brother is eight years younger, but he has been my light and joy.

My most precious moment with Gabe was a few months ago when we moved into our new house. Sitting outside with the sun burning on our backs, my brother and I were bored. Then, I saw an enormous tree with a rope tied to its branches. After brainstorming a way to climb up the tree, my brother had the brilliant idea to use a utility ladder. Once we actually got into the tree, I grabbed the rope to take a swing. My brother and I had an argument on who would be brave enough to jump first. Of course, being the older sister, I decided that I would go first in case something happened. After my turn, my brother was anxiously waiting. Once I gave him to rope to swing on, he got situated and jumped off the tree. In that moment, watching him swing, I could see the excitement in his eyes, bringing me pure happiness that I could experience this moment with him.

As a whole, this precious moment with my brother was my favorite blackberry moment because every time I recall the memory, a smile blooms on my face. I realize that in the future it will be difficult to have these small, sweet moments with my brother, so I will cherish my remaining time with him.

This is a moment that I had with my brother. Going off to college, I know that it is going to be hard to see him; therefore, I want to cherish every moment I have with him.