Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

By Jamie! GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jamie! GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Tough times don't last... Tough people do.

Ahh! What do I write for this? I wonder… I wonder… My head void of ideas. I stare at my surroundings. Trying to concentrate. Trying to focus. I look at the other people thinking of their topics while the guy behind me babbles about a self-conscious unicorn who finds its way and the jocks to my left talk about random, useless things. I’m trying to put my own ideas in order! I need some inspiration. I need it, or I won’t finish.

People start sharing their ideas… I don’t know what to say. “Umm, I don’t really know yet,” I say when the teacher comes to me. She scowls, then moves on. I try to be courteous and try to listen to the others, I don’t mean to, but I keep tuning them out. I try to focus on finding something to use out of their mumbles, but it is all nonsense to me. My mind is blank. Like staring at a blank page and you don’t have a pencil. Like looking at a blank canvas and your paints are all dried up. Where’s the inspiration?

Lynette BRONZE said...
Lynette BRONZE, Rio Grande, Texas

“Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.”
H. Jackson Brown,Jr.

I can relate trust me! It really is a frustration when nothing inspires you to make an amazing story but somehow it helped you lol! This is amazing!