Is It Over Yet, Will It Ever Be Over? | Teen Ink

Is It Over Yet, Will It Ever Be Over?

By mguirguis24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
mguirguis24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Remember March 13th, 2020. We all went home from school so excited for our two week break. Those two weeks turned into one month. Then we just had no hope. We know its going to be ages until we go back to normal or at least semi-normal. Unfortunately, when we finally went back it has brought on many issues for us as students and as teens. 

From March 13, 2020 to September 2021 our lives changed drastically. Before COVID I remember I was going out almost every day, no one had any worries. We all had to get used to staying home, barely seeing any of our friends if not people that we live with. We got so isolated and so used to it, when it was time to go back it was hard for some people to transition. Some people were never able to, they are still working on coming back. The only way I interacted with others was through texting and I got so used to it that talking with people was something out of my comfort zone. I'm sure some people transitioned just fine but others not so much. 

Some students were able to go back to school by choice around May 2021 which was a very smart decision since they gained the ability to see people and have some sort of a school experience that year. Other students stayed online the whole year. Most of us forgot the feeling of having to wake up on time to catch the bus or to get to school on time, having to sit in a class for 40 mins listening to the teachers, and interacting with our friends or just other people in general. During COVID I personally remember waking up five minutes before class started, I got on the zoom and went back to sleep. Everyone thought online school was a joke. 

It's going to get some getting used to but we're all in this together. No one should feel singled out, everyone in the world is going through the exact same thing. Everyone is still adjusting in their own way. The only good that came out of this is that later on we can tell later generations we lived through a pandemic. It's a pretty cool story, just not a cool experience. We never know when it's going to be over, we just have to wait.