What was a lesson you have learned? | Teen Ink

What was a lesson you have learned?

January 20, 2022
By kenmann BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
kenmann BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Love is an interesting game. So many obstacles, so many tricks, so many lies. Or does it have to be that way? I don’t think it has to be as hard as people make it out to be. You can simply just say “no” or “goodbye”. Not as easy as it sounds. My lesson is if they wanted to truly be with you, love and care for you, they would. Snap! Just like that, they could flip a switch. So don’t makeup excuses for them. Don’t let them try to be the victim and make up dumb excuses. Not worth it. I have learned this lesson on my own. I have in fact made up excuses for my ex so he didn’t seem that bad in my mind. Maybe he had a really rough childhood and hasn’t recovered from it yet. Maybe there’s some trauma somewhere that hasn’t been resolved. Maybe he just doesn’t know how it’s affecting me. It’s not right. That’s how I knew it was time to let go. When he didn’t see me as Kennedy anymore, but as if I’m some random girl. I do know this, I am Kennedy with a kind heart, a smart brain, and open arms. Trust your gut feelings, always.


The author's comments:

I hope everyone can learn from the mistakes I had made and trust your gut feeling, always.