Essay Contest – Teens Making a Difference! | Teen Ink

Essay Contest – Teens Making a Difference!

September 4, 2022
By Anonymous

It takes time and effort and dedication but if you don't have the motivation to make a difference then you can always find someone who does I've been lucky enough to work with some amazing people who are doing great things in their communities are all working hard to make a difference for others in our community I'm proud of them and want to share my story with you today when this first started I thought to myself that I want to tell people and really make a difference in our world at first doing the world seem too much to do so I started in my community I was able to get involved in local organizations like the youth leadership Network which is a nonprofit organization that helps young people develop leadership skills my goal was to help them become more confident leaders by helping them build confidence and self esteem I also wanted to help them realize that they can be successful in life if they're willing to put forth the effort needed to achieve their goals I decided that it would be best for me to start with something small but I knew that this could change my life I began to look into different programs that were available for kids who've been bullied or abused I started to research what was available and how many of these programs are out there I found that there were some programs where you could get involved in the community and volunteer your time these programs are very helpful because they help me learn about the issues that affect children today now if I had not met the people that help me organize as I would not be able to do the work and contribute to what I have done today it is important to know that it's not just about money there are many ways to make a difference in our society I believe that we can all use our influence to help others.