21st Century Schizoid Man | Teen Ink

21st Century Schizoid Man

By hdrider89 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
hdrider89 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM! -Pete Weber

In a Half-Century, I’ll be beyond my prime at the age of 66 years old, 9 months and 1 week and 6 days as of writing this. What will people think when they hear the name, Jacob Hucke? President of the United States, Psycho Killer(definitely won’t be this), The Old Man Down The Road who yells, “You’re doing 27 in a 25, you're going to kill someone with those speeds!” So far, I’m not sure. The future is the future and now is now and if I spend too much time thinking about then, I’ll miss out on now.

When I reach the age of 66, the one phrase I won’t ever want to say but probably will say is “I wish I would have—.” People usually say this after someone dies and they say they should have spent more time with them. My aunt said this same thing about her dog who lived almost 17 years and spent Every. Single. Day. with that dog so how can you spend more time; It makes you regretful when you shouldn’t be. When I’m 66, I hope and pray I won’t be in a nursing home yet. I’ll still have some hop in my step because nursing homes are as bad as waking up at 4 A.M. with no water or getting pulled over, in other words, nursing homes are terrible and sad places. 

At the age of 16 (so right now) there are some things I could think about being remembered for, Reaching Eagle Scout. I haven’t made it there but within the year I’m going to get that and I don’t think there could be anything else that I do at this age that would top that. Sometimes I think of my work ethic. Anytime I have worked for someone on anything, they always say “You have such a good work ethic.” And when I’m laying in bed at 6 AM in the summer because I have work and I’m thinking Why did I choose to do this job, everyone else is sleeping except me, ugh. But I think about the people I have helped before and do the work. If I get a stroke of luck and get into a rock band, people would remember that. Playing drums for thousands of people would be a dream and getting money for doing what I love, is perfect. 

So what will I be known for? Whatever I decide to be known for, it’s my future. My actions will obviously decide what people think of me and hopefully, it’s good and not being a Psycho Killer qu'est-ce que c'est Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Far Better. I think it will be great, and maybe I’ll be a dad and play heavy metal music even though the wife doesn’t like the kids listening to it. That would be the best thing ever.