The Love Letter | Teen Ink

The Love Letter

February 14, 2024
By FishInSpace BRONZE, Newton Falls, Ohio
FishInSpace BRONZE, Newton Falls, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I was in school one day and the bell rang, letting us out for the day. So I went to my locker, got out my stuff and started walking to the bus. While in the hallway I looked down and I saw a letter. I picked up the letter and I read who it was addressed to. It was addressed to my friend Lacy. I looked at it closer and noticed that it was a love letter that was addressed to her. I looked around for Lacy in the hallways but i couldnt find her anywhere. When I walked outside I didn't see her on the bus either. I decided that I'd take the letter home and give it to her the next day. 

When I got home, I looked over the letter a bit more, and I noticed that the letter was from my friend james. James had liked Lacy for years so I thought that I could help him out a little bit and fix a few things in his writing. I grabbed a pencil and an eraser and I looked over the letter. There were a lot of mistakes, too much to fix on one piece of paper.

I grabbed a piece of paper just like this one out of my desk and I started writing his letter again but I wrote it in an upgraded way. I fixed his grammar, his spelling, his drawings, and since I was the one rewriting it, the handwriting was better too. I looked over the letter for a bit longer and noticed that he drew and colored an entire drawing on the front of it. He made his letter to her in the style of a card so I decided that i should try and repeat exactly what he did but just fix my part, the writing part and the drawing. I would do exactly what he did but nicer and neater.

I grabbed out my box of expensive markers and my one mechanical pencil that is made specifically for drawing. I started drawing exactly what he drew. The drawing is an abstract art with a bunch of hearts and stuff on it. I drew it better without messing up at all. I finished sketching out what I was trying to recreate so I then spent some time to color everything in. I look up at my monitor to check the time once I finish the card. The time was 5:30, which means I had been working for 3 hours. 

Since I finished the drawing, I decided to go on with the rest of my day. I put the card into my bookbag so i wouldnt forget to take it to school. 

The next morning I walked into school and I quickly put the card into her locker. She normally gets to school late so she should be able to get it around the first period and i wouldnt get caught puting it in her locker. I put it in her locker then I went and grabbed everything out of my own locker for my next class. I walked into class and I sat by James. James looked off so I asked him what was wrong and why he seemed so worried. He told me that he made a note for lacy and he put it in her locker at the end of the day and he hopes she gets it and likes him back. I told him that she will probably like him back and that he will be okay. He calmed down a bit and then class started.

We are sitting in class and we see Lacy walk into class. She walked straight over to James and whispered something in his ear and then put a note onto his desk. She walked and sat down at her seat. 

James opened the letter and the letter had stuff about her saying that she liked him too. It said on the back of the letter that she wrote this and planned on giving it to him yesterday but he got too nervous too.

James ended up getting really happy and at the end of the day they actually started dating each other. They ended up dating eachother for multiple years and they are still dating to this day.

Even to this day, neither of them know that I fixed up the note from James. 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece in 40 minutes