Girls and Pizza | Teen Ink

Girls and Pizza

July 2, 2009
By Genevieve BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Genevieve BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery."


I could say, “I have a taste for pizza.” They will find a way to twist that into some warped way of saying, “I like your ex boyfriend.” However, they won't confront you about it to your face. They won't send you a text. They won't take the liberty to send you an email or maybe make a phone call. Instead they snake around and next thing you know you are sitting alone at your lunch table. You look across the lunchroom wondering where all your friends could have gone and there they are...sitting next to the person you said you wanted pizza to. And the sad part is, there was no hidden meaning. All you wanted was a damn piece of pizza.


Its funny, cause boys...boys hurt. They crush your heart.. Or break it. However people want to put it. But it feels like girls tear it apart bit by bit then walk away untouched. Sometimes I sit on my front porch and stare blankly at my red brick wall, and wonder what it feels like to rip off part of someones heart and take it with me. What would I do with it? Put it in my pocket and save it for a rainy day? Try and hide it with my shoes underneath my bed? Or would I buy a slingshot and send it off to the stars?


I don't know. It just seems like such a wild idea. That a girl can do that. Can leave you crying until your gasping for breath, hoping you won't drown. Is conniving the word? To sneak to do someone harm? One day, right when my head is about to go under the surface, and I take that final breath, I'll realize that maybe I should have been friends with boys all along.

The author's comments:
This never really occurred but I just find girls (even being one) are much more... conniving......then boys.