The importance of who you are hanging out with | Teen Ink

The importance of who you are hanging out with

By TJ7707 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina
TJ7707 PLATINUM, Easley, South Carolina

The Bible is clear and firm that it is extremely important to hang out with the right people.
Proverbs 13:20- "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer
harm." The people that you hang out with are having an effect on your life. Closely consider and
firmly remember and base your understandings to the following quote "every person that you are
around either draws you closer to God or further away from God". Chose to hang around godly
Christian people that abstain evil in their lives and love righteousness. This message is extremely
vital. One person that you hang out with could mess up your life forever. It is absolutely vital
that you choose to hang around those who will draw you closer to God. A Word of advice from the
bible- Matthew 7:17-20 "Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A
good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not
bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, b y their fruit you will recognize
them." Do not hang around with people who say that they are Christians and have non-Christian
characteristics in their lives. Why is this so important" This is of life and death (1st death and
2nd death). Luke 6:45-"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and
the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of
his heart his mouth speaks." What is inside of you is what comes out. If someone seems to be a
Christian, but in times of trials and tribulations, that person has profanity coming out of his
mouth, it is because he has garbage in his heart and that is not the kind of person that you should
hang around. Very important- You hang out with Christians! You witness to nonbelievers! You do not
make friends with or hang out with nonbelievers. Why" Believers" nonbelievers draw you further away
from God. Then how do I witness to them" By your lifestyle, actions, reactions, what you say, and
how you treat others. Your friends should be Christians. It is very important that your inner groups
of friends are real Jesus Fanatical Christians. If someone says that their best friend is an
unbeliever, then something is out of order. Mentioning order, it is very important to remember that
God is a God of order and that you need to have order in your life. Order- 1) Jesus, 2) others, 3)
yourself. So, from this day forward choose to hang out with people that will draw you closer to God
and live your life for Jesus Christ with all that you are! Jesus Christ is Lord!