What Is the purpose of a human? | Teen Ink

What Is the purpose of a human?

August 5, 2009
By Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
30 articles 0 photos 271 comments

What are we doing here? Humans, I mean. What's our purpose? Well, yeah, to live and do great. But what's at the end of the world? Water? Oh, there is no end- the world is round.
Then why do we have thoughts? Why do walk? Besides what science says (we have cells, and lipids...). Why does our body work this way? Were we an experiment that got out of hand?
What makes people different? We're all made from the same thing- energy that moves so fast it's sold. Like a table, but a table can't feel. The hair on my head grows, and it can't feel either.
Is the human race going to live forever? Or will there be an end, like with the dinosaurs. Why do some people live in pain, while others live in joy? Why do some die of cancer, while others of old age? Why is energy in the air, why does air come from plants? Why can't we fly, why can't we jump high?
Is our life a movie? One that lives forever? When the film is over, one will play another? We'll relive the same thing again, and that's why we have deja vu? Oh wait, science explains that too. Our mind works faster than our memory?
Well what do we leave behind, at the end of our film? Pain, sorrow, regrets and despair? Or joy, memories, books and art.... music? Common, give me the answers!
Are some people destined for the slum, where other are destined to shoot that gun? The boy who persuades well, will he be a lawyer? That girl who loves clothes, will she be a costume designer? I, who loves to write... will I be a writer?
Why do we think, why do we feel? Why do we worry, about our career? What matters, at the end of our light?