When all is falling, just spread your wings and fly. | Teen Ink

When all is falling, just spread your wings and fly.

By lauren_b SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas
lauren_b SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas

"If you love something set it free, if their meant to be with you, they'll come back"

Have you ever been bitten by the skin chilling snow? I have, when i lost my mom. I was 15 years old in 10th grade, a teenage girl just trying to get by.
When i found out my mom had cancer all i would think, all i could think was that she'd be fine; nothing can happen to her, she's my mom. I was in denial.
I started to look at other peoples lives wishing i could trade with them, because being dragged hoplessly along while you constantly are screaming and fighting for the horror to end is like a car with no brakes driving and driving to a dead end of disaster. Where was i to turn next?
As time went by my mom got sicker and sicker, and i grew weaker and weaker. My mind was allways racing and trying to find a way to stop. I started lashing out at teachers, friends, family cuz i wanted to yell and fight everyone, cause i was blaming myself. I was losing my best friend, and my hero!
What is a hero? a hero is someone you can look up to, to find your way. Someone who can teach you right from wrong, someone you admire, and she was by far my biggest hero. When i thought all was lost, I knew it wasn't, life would go on, things would get better. It was a challenge at that, but a journey i was going to have to take alone.
I helped my mom everyday, getting up to use the restroom, getting her food, keeping the house clean, even giving her a shoulder to cry on when she was sad. My dad was allways there along the side of my grandma and sister, making her feel loved and appreciated.
December came, christamas was a stur. No presents were bought, nothing even looked the slightest jolly. christmas eve came and my mom had passed, that truely was the worst day that has ever happend to me.
seven months went by, and here i am right now writing this. The point is to tell all of you that i went through something no person should ever have to go through. But I'm finally coming to the conclusion that my mom is in a better place and i know she wants the best for me, she wants me to follow my dreams. I'm going to become the actress and singer she wanted, and I'm proud to say I'm trainging hard! If anyone has ever lost a parent I know what your going through, it's hard but even though they are gone they still are in your heart wanting the same things for you. When life gets you down, when your falling, you can still spread your wings and fly. remember that when your feeling down, allways keep your head up, aim high, fight for whats right, keep your dreams close. Follow your heart.

I wrote this to tell readers that no matter what life can throw at you there are still ways to live. It was a hard journey for me, but I'm thinking positive because my mom lives on in me. I want everyone to be able to follow there dreams, no matter how rediculous or hard it can be to get there because its possible, nothing is inevitable unless you yourself gives up. keep your heads up, and follow your dreams.

Snoogie said...
I think she expresses the horrific reality of life and death with cancer yet ends on a very positive uplifting note. Inspirational!!

roromary said...
You're going to succeed if you keep believing in yourself. Don't let anything stop you!