To My Sister | Teen Ink

To My Sister

December 2, 2009
By HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
5 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.


My Dearest Sylvia,

It has been two weeks since I left you and I miss you immensely. As Thanksgiving has come and gone, I’ve decided to write you this letter to thank you for everything. We’ve known each other for two years and you’ve helped me with so much. First of all, you’ve been a savior when it came to hard or forgotten homework assignments. Then there were fights with Nic and, no matter how stupid they were, you always got me through them. Even more important were the fights with my parents when I felt nothing but contempt. I will never forget the day we just stood, hugging, in the library because my parents didn’t want us to be friends anymore. We’ve never had a fight; I’m greatly thankful for that. Lastly, just being in my life has made me a better person. I’m just ask quick to judge people, but I’m more tolerant towards those I dislike. I miss all of my friends at KO, but, for you, I am the most thankful.
Love Always,
Sonny

The author's comments:
gratitude prompt for english. sylvia is the only person i could write this on.