Dear Hunter | Teen Ink

Dear Hunter

By justbreathe.... BRONZE, N/a, South Carolina
justbreathe.... BRONZE, N/a, South Carolina

No matter how bad things get, there is always something that you don\'t know about just yet.

To Hunter:

I miss you. I miss how we used to all be best friends: you, me and Parker. We were always together, the three of us. But mainly, I miss you. You were my big brother. You took care of me. You made me laugh when I was crying. You always beat me in our sock races around your kitchen. You built the forts in the living room where we watched thousands of Disney movies. I looked up to you, and I wanted to be just like you, My Amazing Cousin Hunter. And I still do even today. I can’t tell you all of the things that I see when I look at you. You are loud and funny and outgoing. You don’t meet a stranger. You are so musically talented. ….

I miss the person you used to be and the person I still sometimes see a glimmer of when you are not too busy putting on a show for all of your dumb friends. You are strong and intelligent and a great leader. But you don’t have a clue. I see so much in you that you can’t see in yourself and that’s a shame because the world is going to miss out on a lot.

Bottom line, even though it’s not cool to show emotion when you’re fifteen, I love you. You truly are something I aspire to be. So keep on rocking, Little Drummer Boy.

-Britt

A letter I wrote to my fifteen year old cousin (He's three months older than me)that I never showed him. We used to be super close but unfortunately, adolescence changes us sometimes.