To The One I Love. | Teen Ink

To The One I Love.

March 10, 2010
By falling_star DIAMOND, Stafford, Virginia
falling_star DIAMOND, Stafford, Virginia
52 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"This sh-t writes itself." --William Shakespere


If you loved me that much, why doesn't my phone buzz with your name anymore? I've moved on, I hope, but I miss the friendship we shared, the laughs we exchanged, the moments that always seemed too short. I don't see what happened. It's seamless for me... now. I can't imagine that it's harder for you to get over it than it was for me. YOU ended it. Without warning. Though I suppose it was a long time coming... God, why did I even waste all that time? There's plenty of fish in the sea. Though you are... everything to me, or at least once were, you were so not my speed. Catch up to me sometime, babe, and I can only pray we will still be friends. Because I love you... though not in the same way I once did. I miss you, so much. I wonder if you stare at the cealing, late at night, the crickets singing outside your window, the moon bathing the world in a silver glow. If so, baby, know that I'm looking at that moon too. It's the same moon. No matter how far away I travel, I know the moon still smiles over you, still kisses you goodnight when I can't. The stars are your blanket, angels kissing you goodnight on your eyelids and I lie awake all night and miss you, because I know no one can love you the way I did, and I wonder when you'll realize that. I wonder when you'll see how much I loved you, how much I would do for you, the things I'd say to you, the laughs we'd share. Yet it seemed so superficial. I have no idea your feelings for me, I don't know what to think, what to feel, what to know because for so long, the only things I thought and felt and knew was you. God, I miss the sunshine in your hair, the smiles you shot me, the hugs your arms wrapped around me, the kisses you rained upon my cheeks. Oh, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. There is no denying it. I'm not over you.


The author's comments:
You know who you are.