Battered And Bruised | Teen Ink

Battered And Bruised

By KayBUBBLYKay BRONZE, Watford, Other
KayBUBBLYKay BRONZE, Watford, Other

Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there's love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong

You ask me where I get my ideas. That I cannot tell you with certainty. They come unsummoned, directly, indirectly - I could seize them with my hands - out in open air, in the woods, while walking, in the silence of the nights, at dawn, excited by moods which are translated by the poet into words, by me into tunes that sound and roar and storm about me till I have set them down in notes.

"The attacks of which I have been the object have broken the spring of life

in me... People don't realize what it feels like to be constantly insulted." (ManetEdouard)

Abuse is an extreme crime and should be treated very seriously. Abuse can affect everyone but a lot of the times teen’s are the one being harmed the most. Abuse can break a teen’s inner self, and confidence, and can also send a person into a state of depression or anxiety. Abuse is harmful to a anyone’s health and mind, also the person being abused can have a lack of trust in others and many other issues with individuals.

Some of the reasons why people become abusive are because of family conflicts and anger problems. Also drugs and alcohol abuse is a large part of abusers because it affects their behavior. The abuser may also have issues with trust and be overprotective, maybe even stressed over something.
In addition, at times it is not only the abusers fault. The person being mistreated holds some responsibility. The abused can be at fault by caring too much about the person hurting them either mentally or physically. If the person stays with the abuser, they are taking a huge risk in their life also. The main consequences for the abusers are: losing the person they are hurting, their rage issues may increase, they could end up being caught and having no power or control over that girl or boy anymore. And eventually the person you’re hurting could fight back. The individual being harmed by a loved one suffers the most because they go through daily pain, scars and bruises to cover, teens are constantly afraid of what’s going to happen next .“What if he were to go too far? What if tomorrow was my last day?” Thoughts of depression start filling the mind of the teen, and they keep everything bottled up because they don’t know how to express what they’re going through.
Some solutions for the abuser would be to get help as well as learn to put across their negative energy in a more productive non-harmful way and moreover let out some emotions tell people how they feel, and what’s going through their mind. Some advice for the boy or girl being harmed Is to also get help and tell an adult. It will only get worse if kept as a secret. Also leave the abuser and think about ones own happiness before others. Another option if teens do not want to end the relationship, is to talk to the abuser about it in a safe environment. And never be alone with him or her. Also remember all types of abuse hurt. Physical and emotional abuse can harm a person in both ways.
Overall abuse is unnecessary and a very agonizing time of ones life. Any person man or woman should be punished for there actions. One way to fix the predicament is to bring both the abuser and the abused to counseling, and figure out why the abuse is occurring.

Abuse is all about control and power in a relationship or situation. Without power or control the abuser will move on to find another victim, so he or she may get the joy from another’s pain.
“My character had been in the chair for seven years. He had gone through his anger, depression, drug and alcohol abuse. He had gone through everything, now he was up, he was happy, he was filled with his dream.”(HinesGregory)

This is my english essay (opinionated writting)
on abuse
it is a very personal topic for me