The Letters | Teen Ink

The Letters

By truelove4ever222 SILVER, Crosby, Texas
truelove4ever222 SILVER, Crosby, Texas

Daughters of jerusalem, I charge you by the does and gazelles of the field; Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. -Song of Songs 2:7

My Dear Heart:

Lately I’ve been in so much pain. You race so quickly. Why do you do so? My fragile friend- Why do you bring me to tears? You’ve overtaken my mind, my actions- everything I do. Lately, I’ve found myself doing things on a whim. Is that normal? I do not believe so, but if it is, why has it just come about? This strange feeling surrounding you all started with- with him. Him. Dear Heart, my truth seeker, was it him to cause you pain and exhaustion? It was, was it not? Those eyes melted you, did they not? No! You cannot consume yourself in a dark fire for him. He does not love you. There is no evidence he still cares about you. Why cry? Broken Heart, which I hold so dear, don’t mistake what you feel for love.

-The One to Suffer-

The One to Suffer:

I am here to let you know, it is in fact he. He makes me break. He makes me suffer. I’m sorry to cause you pain, O Fateful One. I need not to cause you this- this ever heavy weight and eternal hurting. Shall I leave you behind so that you may be apathetic? Would that be better for the both of us? My Suffering Beholder: Maybe I shall leave. Only one of us will suffer that way. Only one of us will be emotional. I do this for good, not selfishness. Please do not be in distress because of he. That is my job- yet another reason to leave. Protector, do not worry of the future or dwell in the past, but live in the here and now without fear. He is not for us, but this pain will last. Once again I say: do not worry of the future. For us, there is a promise of a better life with the one who will love us unconditionally. He will hold us in his arms and we will be as one again. Whoever he may be, he is the bond. I hope and wait for that day, but until then, I must depart.

-Darkened Heart-

My Dear Heart:

You shall not leave me! I forbade it. You are much too valuable to lose. I’d rather feel pain, if only for a moment, or even a year, than ne’er to feel anything again. Shall I suffer more without you? Yes, I shall. My hurt friend- I love you. I suffer no more because of he. I love my Dear Heart more than I could ever love anyone else. You’ve shown me right from wrong to protect me. Once again I say- no- I shout: I love you.

-More Hopeful than Ever-

Sweet Hopeful One:

I shall never leave the one who I’ve truly love all along.

-Bright Star in Darkness-

My heart was beginning to get lost in the pain of breakup, then I realized it's not a burden to hurt, but a gift. I know it was all worth it because I found myself.