My Philosophy | Teen Ink

My Philosophy

By margierose GOLD, New York, New York
margierose GOLD, New York, New York

Do you know that feeling? That gnawing feeling, telling you all the time, a constant reminder that something is going to happen. Something big. But what? It's always telling you that you have to make it happen for yourself. It's in a gentle wind or a grade on a paper, silently whispering to you that you have to go somewhere, and turn yourself into something. That constant pressure. But where to begin? You must search for inspiration. Maybe listen to a song? Do you know that other feeling? Listening to an ipod or the radio, and you are moving forward, in a car or bus or plane. All the voices and instruments join in together in the most perfect way ever imaginable. Suddenly, it's as though the whole universe is spreading out before your eyes and forever pushing you forward with it's power. You can feel the lava bubbling beneath the earth and the roots of trees underground, slowly growing. And forward, forward you go, following wherever it leads you. And then the song stops. A wisp, a memory, the universe has left you alone with nothing but your reality. You could always replay it, but it will never be that same experience you had before. You can not recreate the past, so you must find something to fill up the extra time, something that will keep pushing you forward. This is my philosophy on the most powerful moment you can experience, hearing a song that has that effect on you for the first time is like having an epiphany.

My philosophy on life is that beneath each persons skin there is a fire, a certain unsettledness, that everyone is born with. It's deeply rooted in the human race, and has existed since the beginning of time. It grows all throughout childhood and adulthood, and gradually goes to rest and you are hopefully fulfilled, by the time you are old and grey. If that person does not have a way to let out that unsettledness, they can not live a fulfilled life. They aren't able to look back in their old age and think “What I life I have lead”. They just can't be proud of themselves. Artists, writers, singers, all creative people have found a way to use their fire, their restlessness, to their advantage. They found an outlet in which to pour their passion. But, if a person can not find their outlet, the initial passion and power cools, like lava, inside the soul. All that wasted passion can turn sour, it can make a person go crazy, or just become very bland and uninteresting. Each person needs to find their passion, their something to live for. I'm still searching for what mine may become, but at least I have time. I need to find it before my fire cools.

FREEZER said...
omgg you are soo talented and i ammm soo jealouss! thiss is amazingg! loveyouu! <3 (btww do  you know who this iss??)

margierose GOLD, New York, New York
THANK YOU!! haha I thought I was the only one too :) I really appreciate it 

timevampire GOLD, Bellville, Ohio

Quoting yourself makes you an ass.

Okay!!! I don't know if you're girl or a guy but I think I'm in love with you...well at least you soul that spills on off of every word you write!

I thought I was the only that could have amazing songasms or the one's that give the filling of epiphany. Beautiful.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading :]