My Bad Dance Recital! | Teen Ink

My Bad Dance Recital!

When I was four or five, I had a dance recital, and I was so excited! I was going to be in a sailor dance. My outfit was so adorable; it was a white “tu tu” with a tight blue top that had red and blue sequins all over it, so in the light you would sparkle like New York City at night when everyone is going out on the town! And to finish off the outfit was a sailor’s cap with blue sparkles on it, and an ORE (which was a prop for the dance)
I got to my recital at Kingsburry Hall where all my family was in the audience waiting to see what I could do. I was in a line backstage with my class, and when they finally called my group, I threw my ringlets out of my face and followed the line on stage. We all stood in line with our ORE’S, and when the music started we all pretended we were on a boat, so we swung our ORE’S back and forth, back and forth.
I was second to last in line, when the girl in front of me slapped me in the face with her ORE!!! I dropped my ORE and held my face for about thirty seconds because it hit so hard that it felt like it had it own heartbeat it was throbbing so bad! Then I picked up my ORE trying not to cry, and thinking that I was going to finish the dance, I started the dance where I left off however, and the other girls were already almost done with the dance! So I was completely backwards on the whole dance!! It was so embarrassing! After that day, I never spoke to that girl again!